[mythtv-users] Are PVR-500's safe to buy new right now?

Troy Smith yazoobazoo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 19:34:26 UTC 2006

k, so I have a myth box almost all set up and ready to go.  Only thing is, I
only have a pcHDTV 3000 card in there, so no cable, and I want more than one
tuner anyways.  What I'd really like to get is a PVR-500, but after all the
recent noise concerning the tuners in them, I can't pull the trigger.

So, what's the current status of the PVR-500's with the new tuners? Are they
safe to use? I can buy an amplifier if that fixes the issues, but I haven't
seen anything conclusively saying that'd be the case.