[mythtv-users] Beginning a DN PPV grabber

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 18:22:17 UTC 2006

I have been looking for a DN ppv grabber and the ones listed on the
mailing list seem to have died.  I have started one and it is surely
bloated and probably inefficient, but it  is starting to come
together.  I am able to grab the DN ppv info, parse it out and dump it
into the mythconverg DB.  I am by no means an efficient bash scripter
so this code may be full of bad ideas, but I am letting others see it
in hopes to make it better.

Please take note that using it may in fact render your mythconverge db
useless (though mine appears to be fine so far) or completly break
your system.  If you feel like taking a look at it and seeing what can
be done, you can find it at
http://www.flyingsawdust.com/media/dnppv.tar.gz.

There are some comments to try and help you along, but the short of it
is you need to edit getdnppv.sh and change line 13 to the id of your
source for dn listings.  After that, you can review the other 2 files
and see what they do.  To run it, just execute getdnppv.sh

Comments welcome...