[mythtv-users] protocol version mismatch, what's the best solution?

Shanon Mulley shanonmulleyster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:45:07 UTC 2006

> > I think the problem many users were bitten by was one of "yum update
> > myth*", which did not include libmyth. Why would people do this? Because
> > many of them would rather avoid updating most parts of their (possibly
> > dedicated) HTPC system in search for a more stable base (for example,
> > updating the kernel necessitates updating or reinstalling other
> > components like NVidia or ATI drivers, lirc, etc).
>
> Why not use "yum update mythtv-suite"? Axel created the meta-package
> for a reason.

I beleive that "yum update mythtv-suite" falls within "yum update
myth*", and didnt do the libmyth update. (Yes I also update using "yum
update myth*" - every time I update my kernel, I have to jump through
a stack of hoops to get lirc and my nvidia drivers working again, so I
can only update it when I know I have some time).