[mythtv-users] lirc help

Jake Sallee spark at breathedeeply.com
Fri Oct 6 04:47:05 UTC 2006

On Thursday 05 October 2006 13:30, mythtv-users wrote:
> Jake Wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > Thanks for your help David, I am a step closer.  I really appreciate it.
> >
> > I got it to work by running:
> >
> > # irrecord --driver=dev/input --device=/dev/input/event4
> > ~/Desktop/irrecord.txt
> >
> > So it looks like it's setup with /dev/input/event4  (ir links to event4)
> >
> > Is that right?
>
> Sounds about right, you'll need to run it as root, that should create your
> lircd.conf file.

Ok, once last thing before I create the lircd.conf.  irrecord says "hold down
an arbitrary button".

For some reason, the irrecord program does not detect some of the keys on my
remote.  Like "Go" or "Guide" or "TV", "Videos", "Music", "Pictures".

Why doesn't it?

Jake Sallee  spark at breathedeeply.com
www.breathedeeply.com

Registered Linux User #358012  http://counter.li.org