[mythtv-users] MythTV, lirc, iR and remotes

Zxarr zxarr at vianet.ca
Fri Oct 6 04:36:24 UTC 2006

Greetings,

I am new to Myth, and at the moment just have it set up on a test box, no
tuner yet.  I am looking at a Hauppauge PVR-150 with the MCE remote.  For
the moment, I am using an older Rage3D ATI All-In-Wonder for the Composite
out, but haven't had a chance to test it yet.  I know this will not work
with input, that's fine.

I was wondering, after I am done playing about with this test box, do I need
to remove MythTV completely to start over, or just nuke the MySQL database?
And if it's the latter, how do I go about nuking the DB?

Lastly, I have a Starchoice (Canada) 411 STB, and I want Myth to control it.
Now I just need to discover how.  I have two 9 pin ports; a Multimedia Port
and a Serial port on the back.  I don't hold high hope for them being used
in anyway, so my option is an iR device.  Will having lirc and a simple
serial connected iR LED, along with the USB MCE remote work?  I know lirc is
already running, or would be had I a remote already.  The IR blaster I was
looking at is just the simple one here: http://www.irblaster.info/

Thanks.