[mythtv-users] Wishlist feature: OSD disappears after a few seconds when in pause mode

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Thu Oct 5 14:56:12 UTC 2006

> That it does - I was just wondering if others might find the auto-hide
> behaviour preferable as the user hasn't explicitly asked for it to be
> displayed permanently (as with pressing I).

 One other thought, if the OSD isn't disabled when paused by default many users will painc and think the system has locked up. Sure, hitting a button will let them know nothing is wrong, but I believe it's best to be clear about what state the machine is in. For the rare occassion someone wants to see something under the OSD hitting escape is pretty simple.