[mythtv-users] [mythtv] what does "DVBRec(1): PID 0x840 discontinuity detected" mean?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Oct 5 13:24:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 09:11 -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
> Well, this will be my last email in this ongoing saga of mine, unless
> someone has an idea for me.
>
> Last night I moved the cards back to their original PCI slots (I had
> moved them previously to see if something was to be found from doing
> so). I also noticed my CPU wasn't running at its full speed for some
> reason, so I went into the BIOS and changed that.

I'm replying in mythtv-users.. Anyway, have you checked your power
supply? Wacky problems like this are sometimes due to failing power
supplies. I believe the pcHDTV card is a 5V card, so attach a volt
meter to the 5V rail on the PCI bus and check if it falls below 5V
a couple seconds before you start seeing the problem. If not, try
the same thing on the 3.3V rail. I lost a couple hard drives and a
few PCI cards when my last power supply failed (thankfully I saved
the data because I got SMART warnings a couple days before everything
died.) When the power supply before that one died I didn't lose any
hardware, but I started getting system lockups in Linux, which I had
never seen before (this was before proprietary drivers in Linux).

-- Daniel