[mythtv-users] Xbox frontend - what features do I need

David Fishburn fishburn at ianywhere.com
Thu Oct 5 03:31:41 UTC 2006

I have committed to building a MythTV system and am looking for a bit of
information.

If I buy a used Xbox system off of ebay can I buy just any of the used
system, or should I only buy ones with the DVD option and remote?  Do you
use the remote that comes with the Xbox to control all the MythTV menus?

If you get a unit without the remote, how can you navigate?

Is there anything I should be wary of when buying a used Xbox off of ebay?
I see there are different versions of the Xbox and you can only tell by
looking at the serial code and manufacture date.  Do I need to know this in
advance of buying it?  All the reading I have done on this topic
(http://www.xbox-linux.org/) originally indicated a problem with version 1.6
of the Xbox, but it is a bit unclear whether that has been resolved yet.

TIA