[mythtv-users] Running as root

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Oct 4 17:50:10 UTC 2006

Dave Sherohman wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 02:53:13PM -0400, R. G. Newbury wrote:

>> My mythbox is not connected to any network, unless I lug it to the office.
>
> So you hook up to the net, update your listings of upcoming programs
> manually, then immediately disconnect?  Definitely a workable option,
> but I get the impression that's not how most people operate.

No I have a parallel setup on this machine. I run mythfilldatabase then
dump the updated tables with mysqldump to a file, which I take home on a
usb key. I upload the new data over the old tables.

# mysqlzap
# dump tv listings data tables to file
#!/bin/bash
mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg --tables credits oldprogram
people program programgenres programrating > /backup/usb/db/mysqlzap.txt

# mysqlzprestore
# overwrite listings tables with new data
#!/bin/bash
mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg < /backup/usb/db/mysqlzap.txt

--
R. G. Newbury

        Helping with the HTTP issue