[mythtv-users] Telewest and cable in the UK

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 11:54:03 UTC 2006

> Yes, you can get the standard 5 channels on analog (plus the cable itself
> on a 6th channel). ISTR (but don't hold me to it) that you can get some
> channels over DVB-T too.

Do you use a DVB-C card at all? I assumed the 5 terrestrial channels
would be there in unencrypted digital form, as well as the BBC
channels? How would DVB-T be coming over the cable, would that be just
because it is a long wire or do they retransmit everything broadcast
in the region over the cable?

Robin