[mythtv-users] what width & height for V4L input using aspect 16:9

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Wed Oct 4 06:38:42 UTC 2006

How do I figure out what width and height I use for a V4L capture device.
I am configuring the Recording profile of  a V4L device and the setup
screen is asking dimensions of capture.

The Default is 480 X 480 but this seems to capture 4:3 not 16:9 and also
the picture is surrounded by black or non image data?
is this a trail and error or is there a easy way to determine this?

Any help or pointers to tools to determine this would be greatly appreciated

Paul