[mythtv-users] scan xmame games

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Oct 3 23:29:27 UTC 2006

Hopefully this is a quick question that I can't find the answer to.

I've loaded up xmame and got my roms working correctly, but when I
scan for ROMS, I get every file in every rom folder listed in my game
database making selecting a game a nightmare. So I read up a bit and
see that I should be leaving the games zipped, so I zip all my roms
into their own .zip files and now I can't launch any games at all. Is
there some magic to getting a .zipped rom to work with xmame or
getting myth to only display 1 name per folder and launch the game
based on that folder name?

Thanks,

Brad