[mythtv-users] visit from googlebot

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Tue Oct 3 22:37:36 UTC 2006

Jacob Steenhagen wrote:
> Another way to handle this is to have the link bring up an "are you sure"
> page that contains the form. The JavaScript version pops up a message box
> asking if it's OK, but the non-JavaScript has no confirmation at all and
> simply deletes as soon as the link is clicked.

the problem with this is that google will get the non-javascript version
and therefore will be able to follow the link w/o a confirmation ...

i definitely agree that it should be done via post, however ... it's not
that difficult to do (done it many times with hundreds of <input
type="submit" value="Delete" .../> inside one form) ... i always follow
the GET vs POST recommendation ... at least the GET part ... i've been
doing a ton with Ajax lately, and with that i've tended to just use POST
for everything, since unique URLs with GET variables don't matter and i
never have to remember whether i need to use $_GET or $_POST (i don't
like to use $_REQUEST unless absolutely necessary)

guess i better setup .htaccess on my machine ... just been lazy lately,
so i haven't bothered with it :p  ... ugh, why is it the things you skip
because of laziness always come back to bite you in the arse? :P

-g-

--
If Bush is Christian, I'm switching religions!
Habeas corpus, R.I.P. (1215-2006) .. Thanks for nothing, Bush! :(