[mythtv-users] OT: PCI slots: 64 bit slots on Dell PowerEdge

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Tue Oct 3 19:24:59 UTC 2006

I've been trying to get a frontend working well with TVOut. I bought a
PCI FX5200 that I've been trying to run in a box with Athlon 1400+
processor. (I've tried a lot of things, see previous posts about
horsepower)

I have another box that I decided to try and use. I moved all of the
stuff it was running to another box to free it up. It's a Dual Xeon 1.8
ghz machine. That's got to have plenty to do this. (no HD)

Problem is the PCI slots. It has:
two 32-bit 33MHz PCI slots
two 64-bit 66MHz PCI slots
two 64-bit 100MHz PCI-X slots

Is there any way I can I use the 64 bit slots with regular PCI cards?
Maybe some kinf of riser or something? Currently the cards do not fit. I
have 3 tuners, plus the PCI FX5200. I'd be willing to trade up the video
card to something that would work, but all I can find are PCI-Express,
which to my understanding are different.

Do I have any options?

Thanks,
James