[mythtv-users] 1080i HD without XvMC, how much horsepower?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 18:30:18 UTC 2006

On 10/3/06, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Of course, if your building a new machine for this, I would recommend
> > spending a little extra money and going with a Core2Duo system,
> > they're slightly more $ but impressively faster than the Athlon X2's
> > which will make things like x264 playback not an issue.
>
> I haven't really been able to find a mATX board with 'decent' features
> for an HTPC using a Core2Duo.  Actually, for that matter, using any
> Intel based CPU.  Not for less than $100 bucks anyway (I did find one
> that most likely is geared towards a laptop, but it was ~$250).  It
> seems that the features that appeal to HTPC are more existent on AMD
> based systems.

ABIT IL-90MV
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127009
CPU Socket Type 	Socket 478
CPU Type 	Intel Core Duo/Core Solo Mobile
$150

Give the Core Duo platform some time for HTPC centered boards to come
out, as they're only now becoming popular. Soone we should start
seeing Nvidia's Core Duo chipset with 6150 graphics with DVI/HDMI
output, and digital audio output in the mATX form factor.

Don't expect them to be below $100 though, you can't even get that on
a regular ATX for that price for Core Duo yet.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!