[mythtv-users] Problems with transcoded avi files

Charles philip Chan cpchan at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 3 14:12:28 UTC 2006

Hello all:

I would like to put some of the programs that I have recorded on a DVD
to be played back on my stand alone DIVX player. Since all my recordings
are autotranscoded to MPEG4 by my MythTV setup, I basically just copied
the raw video and audio into an avi container. However, although these
files plays fine, they are not seekable on either my DIVX player or even
with mplayer (mplayer crashes if I try to seek- the original nuv files
seek fine). I have tried:

     (1) mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -o <out_file> <in_file>

and

     (2) ffmpeg -acodec copy -vcodec copy -i <in_file> <out_file>

with the same results. Does anyone know what is going on here? Also, the
resulting avi files have some horizontal artifacts during high motion on
my stand alone DIVX player, which doesn't happen with my other DIVX/XVID
files.

Thanks,
Charles

--
printk("Penguin %d is stuck in the bottle.\n", i);
        linux-2.0.38/arch/sparc/kernel/smp.c