[mythtv-users] Cannot access recorded video from remote front end

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 03:20:19 UTC 2006

Hi All,

My remote front end cannot play recorded video files.  The remote FE can
play live video using a HD3000 card located on my main FE/BE machine.

When the remote FE tries to access the recorded video files this message is
returned: "The file for this recording can not be found."

The FE/BE machine can read and play the files.

I have set the perms at 777 for the /video directory.

As I write this message, I'm beginning to wonder if the difficulty could
be the result of the the videos being stored on a JFS partition and the
remote frontend has no JFS partitions on it. Nor did I use the "Linux
JFS" option when installing FC 5 on the remote FE. Does the remote FE need
some type of preparation in order to access a JFS file systems?

Any other suggestions?