[mythtv-users] ui.xml missing leads to crash of frontend

Richard Keech rkeech at redhat.com
Mon Oct 2 22:12:55 UTC 2006

I'm running MythTV 0.20 on Fedora Core 5 with packages from atrpms.net.
There seems to be some missing files which can lead to a crash.

I found mythfrontend was crashing when navigating the menues to "Manage
Recordings" -> "Schedule Recordings" -> "Program Finder".
I strace'd this and found this:

open("/usr/share/mythtv/themes/PurpleGalaxy/ui.xml", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = 27

open("/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/ui.xml", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

open("/tmp/ui.xml", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

--- SIGABRT (Aborted) @ 0 (0) ---

I changed theme and the crash no longer occurs.

By my un-expert look at this it looks like there needs to be a
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/ui.xml file.

--

Red Hat Home
www.redhat.com.au <http://www.redhat.com/>

gpg key id: /F9AFA1DD/