[mythtv-users] Any sample HDTV files available?

Tony Di Bona dibona at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 21:42:18 UTC 2006

Hi Group:

My Mythtv system continues to perform well after a few months of use --
before undertaking the effort to upgrade its capability to include HDTV (new
tuner cards, other hardware as needed) I thought it would be useful to load
and play a sample HDTV file with my current configuration. This will help me
identify any issues with the back end, network, front end, monitor, etc.
processing the data within the available bandwidth and provide the HDTV
image I am hoping for.

Using Google I found some 1080p .wav files on the Microsoft site
(interesting, but not the native .mpg format used by Mythtv), and also some
.mpg files elsewhere but would rather a short (~30 second recording, enough
to get past any buffering that takes place) from a Mythtv system (perhaps
part of a TV commercial to avoid copyright issues) to ensure the test file
format is correct.

If you know of a suitable test file currently online please post the link.
If you are willing to record a snippet of a HDTV stream with your MythTV
system please let me know if you can do a http transfer of the captured file
to me through yousendit.com (unless the file size is less than 10MB in which
case you can email it to me directly at this gmail account)

Thanks,

Tony.