[mythtv-users] name change effecting mythconverg database

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Mon Oct 2 20:07:58 UTC 2006

(Note: Mythbackend and Frontend, same system)

I just switch my linux systems at home from a generic ".home" domain to my
personal domain ".nickellson.com"

Upon rebooting the system, my mythfront end says it is unable to connect
to the backend database, is it running. yadda yadda.. and at first I saw
MySQL permissions as an issue, so i reran the GRANT command to allow
%.nickellson.com and that cleared up. But the front end STILL complains
that it cannot connect to the back end database.

I used the private IP in both the backend and frontend configs (10.0.0.23)

The back end gets to the data (well, no errors in teh backend log anyway)
and upon launching the frontend I do see one successful connect to the
backend.

What can I start looking for to track down the issue? I dumped off my
database so i wouldn't loose all the programming. Might this be in the
MySQL database itself, because of my renaming the domain on this system?

Nick
PS: I have until the next air time of Grey's Anatomy to get it working, or
the wife will make my life not so fun ;) j/k

--
Nick Ellson
CCDA, CCNP, CCSP, CCAI,