[mythtv-users] Restoring exported recordings to database

Jerry Bett bjett80 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 19:44:40 UTC 2006

I thought I would share this procedure for anyone needing to restore
exported recordings to their database.

My /mnt/store on a reiserfs on my myth-0.19 system decided to self-destruct
the other day. When I called up my recordings I only had 10 shows indicated,
but 300gig of disk used.  Efforts to repair the file system didn't work so I
reformated the disk with an ext3 fs. I don't have a clue why the reiserfs
failed, but it has lost an advocate here.

I took this as a sign to upgrade to 0.20 and a clean database.

The majority of my recordings are off-loaded to another server and
hard-linked to the /mnt/store volume ...I was looking for a way to restore
the database . Mythrebuilddatabase would work but I already had good backups
of my previous I wanted to use.

So I created another database, "myth_old".

Then from backups, did a mysql myth_old < mythtv_backup.  This loaded the
old database.