[mythtv-users] Hacking MythTV Book Released

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 17:49:54 UTC 2006

On 10/2/06, CWebb at wiley.com <CWebb at wiley.com> wrote:

> Wiley's ExtremeTech series has released a new MythTV title, Hacking MythTV
> by Jarod Wilson et al.
>
> Roll up your sleeves and get ready to build your own HD-DVR with MythTV.
> Our experts not only guide you through building your own MythTV box, but let
> you in on all the little secrets, tricks and hacks that make it look and
> work the way you want it to.  Coverage includes:
>

> Choosing the right hardware for the job – including HD capture cards
> Working with 5.1 surround sound and optical audio outputs
> Optimizing HDTV playback
> Tweaks and hacks for various capture cards
> Hacking MythTV themes
> Using xine to add DVD menu support
> Widescreen HDTV tweaks
> Hacking the remote power button to reset MythTV's frontend
> Exporting MythTV's .nuv recordings into other formats
> Performance hacks
> and more…
>
> The complete outline and a sample chapter, as well as information on the
> other books in the ExtremeTech series is available at
> http://www.wiley.com/go/extremetech
>
> Hacking MythTV
>  Jarod Wilson, Ed Tittel, Matthew Wright, Justin Korelc
>  ISBN: 0-470-03787-3
>  Paperback
>  432 pages

i just read half the first chapter in the online PDF.  it reads well
and looks like it would be a very good resource.  i'll have to pick up
a copy.  it's great to see books like this appearing.
congrats to Jarod et al for getting published.  and congrats to Isaac
and the rest of the Myth developers for an awesome product that's
worthy of a 'for-pay' dead tree manual.  ;)