[mythtv-users] can new transcoder profiles be created?

Allan Risk arisk at hamster.foxhollow.ca
Mon Oct 2 14:21:51 UTC 2006

  On 1-Oct-06, at 3:24 PM, Allan Risk wrote:

    I believe it's not possible to actually create a new one and leave the

    originals intact, although I can't find specific references to this.

  I was also curious about this and wanted to submit a patch to enable new profiles until I read this:

  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/17678#17678

  it doesn't get more final than that.

  If you're handy with sql you can add new profiles to the system but I believe the profile menu in the scheduling page is hard coded to the original four so you're still out of luck.

  - George
Although it appears you were interested in an encoder rather than a transcoder, I'm sure the same philosophy was used and adding new ones is not an option.
I'll modify one of the existing ones making note of settings I change so it can be restored if wanted.

Thanks.