[mythtv-users] crashing and switching inputs

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 12:36:49 UTC 2006

On 10/2/06, Timothy Waters <timothy.waters at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anybody else having stability issues with MythTV using 0.20? For example,
> if I watch livetv, then go to the main menu and try to watch a recording, it
> will crash and go back to X. If I go to the Utilities/Setup menu and go back
> to watch livetv, it will crash. If I try to use the 'Y' key to switch
> between my pvr-150 and pvr-250MCE it will crash. The funny thing is, I can
> see picture-in-picture, but if I switch to the 250, it crashes. I am using
> gentoo with the latest ebuilds for the mythtv suite. Other than those
> crashes, everything works great. What can I do? I am trying to keep this box
> stable since I am using it for my pvr and I don't have time to keep
> reinstalling when I break something  ;-)

run your frontend with -v all and see if anything comes up in the log
output. (-v all -l logfilename).

if you don't see anything then you will want to build with debuging
enabled and run the frontend under gdb.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -