[mythtv-users] ac3 passthrough problems

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Mon Oct 2 08:29:59 UTC 2006

HI!

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Actually, it looks like MythTV completely ignores the Placebo--I mean
> Passthrough output device. ;)
>
> (The only occurrence of "PassThroughOutputDevice" in
> myth{tv,plugins,themes} is in the settings page.)

You must have overlooked something, because I just proofed otherwise:

I have no .asoundrc and I have set:

Audio device: ALSA:default
AC3 passthrough: on

Then I tried different settings for the passthrough device with
different outcomes:

ALSA:spdif -> AC3 5.1 DD sound
ALSA:default -> "helicopter sound"
Default -> no sound

What puzzles me a bit is the difference between "ALSA:default" and
"Default", because "Default" should use the normal audio device, which
is set to "ALSA:default", it should have been the same.

Thomas