[mythtv-users] lirc (SOLVED)

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 00:38:48 UTC 2006

On 01/10/06, Sergei Gerasenko <gerases at publicschoolworks.com> wrote:

> A totally unrelated issue -- I get this every start-up:
>
> 2006-10-01 08:22:33.465 Upgrading to MythGame schema version 1011
> 2006-10-01 08:22:33.466 DB Error (Performing database upgrade):
> Query was: CREATE TABLE gamemetadata (  system varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',  romname varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',  gamename varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',  genre varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',  year varchar(10) NOT NULL default '',  publisher varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',  favorite tinyint(1) default NULL,  rompath varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',  gametype varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',  diskcount tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1',  country varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',  crc_value varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',  display tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1',  version varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',  KEY system (system),  KEY year (year),  KEY romname (romname),  KEY gamename (gamename),  KEY genre (genre));
> Error was: Driver error was [2/1050]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> Table 'gamemetadata' already exists
>
> new version: 1011
> 2006-10-01 08:22:33.466 Couldn't upgrade database to new schema, exiting.
> 2006-10-01 08:22:33.466 Unable to initialize plugin 'mythgame'.
>
> What causes this?

Either a previous failed database upgrade - the gamemetadata table now
exists, and the database upgrade is trying to create it afresh, OR the
reported current schema version is wrong with regard to the structure
of the current database.

*usual database backup warnings apply*

When I had this in the past, I did things the thorough way and checked
the structure of my database against the relevant schema upgrade
information - http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp
for TV related things, but you probably need to check
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythplugins/mythgame/mythgame/dbcheck.cpp
for MythGame updates.

I worked out which schema version my database should be at for the
version of MythTV I was running, then edited the database manually to
get it to the structure of the prior schema version (i.e. if the
current version of MythTV was supposed to run schema 1000, I reverted
my DB to schema 999). Then when you start mythtv-setup, the upgrade to
schema 1000 happens automatically with (hopefully) no errors.

Your DB error is reporting problems setting up part of the basic
database structure, so if your machine is working normally, it may be
more likely that your database is reporting the wrong schema version.

Have you compiled/installed MythGame in the past?

> BTW, what's the best way to disable a plugin?

Before compiling, run configure with the necessary options to disable
those plugins you do not want to compile (configure --help will list
all options).

Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/