[mythtv-users] Radio Times XMLTV failing

Neil Dunbar neil.dunbar at pobox.com
Sun Oct 1 19:35:22 UTC 2006

On Sunday 01 October 2006 18:41, Simon Dyson wrote:
> Since yesterday mythfilldatabase has been failing with:
>
> http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/1961.dat: Code point \u0000 is not a
> valid character in XML at /usr/share/perl5/XMLTV.pm line 1754
> 2006-10-01 18:36:05.620 ------------------ End of XMLTV output
> ------------------
> Error in 56030:21: unexpected end of file
>
> Anyone else got this?

Yes - started on Friday, I think. My (ultra horrible) kludge was to make the
following change to /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt:

351:                    s/—/--/g;
352:                    s/…/.../g;
353:>>ADD        s/\000\000/../g;
354:                   decode_entities $_;

Seemed to fix it up. It's a Radio Times data corruption issue, but I guess
with this workaround in place, it'll only be a week or so before it falls out
of the schedules, and I can back the kludge out.

Cheers,

Neil