[mythtv-users] Harmony Remote & WAF rating

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Oct 1 12:40:21 UTC 2006

On 1-Oct-06, at 3:55 AM, Michael Jones wrote:

> I had an issue with the Hauppauge remote not having enough buttons
> to do what I wanted (I wanted to separate the Info and Delete
> functions.. Not enough buttons on the Hauppauge remote so I
> couldn’t just “learn” the new key).
>
> I spoke with a support person at LogiTech, who simply created a new
> arbitrary code and assigned it to my profile for my remote.  I
> assigned the new code to a button on the remote, and then set up
> the new button with irrecord.

I got around the limit on Hauppauge buttons by adding additional
mythtv devices to my PVR activity. There are at least three different
kinds of Hauppauge remote (from an IR-code perspective) so by
assigning different profiles to each extra myth device and then
combining them as passthroughs to the "master" myth activity you have
triple the number of buttons/codes available for the harmony remote.
You have to experiment to find out which profile corresponds to which
harmony but eventually I was able to assign a task every button on
the Harmony including the eight soft buttons which I use for menu
jump points.

- George