[mythtv-users] Audio Buffer Underruns with XvMC and HD in 0.20

Ben Curtis mythtv at nosolutions.com
Sun Oct 1 00:01:27 UTC 2006

> It probably depends on the video card you have too. I used to have an
> old geforce 4 MX 440. And with it it was worse with it on than off.
> (Better on SD tv but i didn't need it for that.)
> I have a Geforce FX 5900 in the system now and it works great with it.

It's an FX5200, and with .19, it worked better with "true".  With .20 it
worked better with "false".  So I did the yum -y upgrade, and have it
functioning without XvMC.

Using Standard and OpenGL it plays back everything fine.  Before the
upgrade, doing this would cause odd issues with large movements on screen.
 However, XVMC still doesn't work.  It NEARLY works on a 1080i broadcast,
but is really jittery on 720p.  I also now get this error which a previous
person in this post gets:

X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
Major opcode: 140
Minor opcode: 14
Resource id: 0x1a1

and

2006-09-10 16:37:09.190 VideoOutputXv Error: Child          F   was
already marked as available.

Ben