[mythtv-users] Output to my HDTV

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 19:35:30 UTC 2006

On 11/28/06, Robert Fitzpatrick <lists at webtent.net> wrote:
> I have MythTV 0.20 installed on my SuSE Linux 10.1 and now trying to get
> the right modeline to work with my TV? I've been reading the guide at
> http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/mythhd.php and not been able to even get my
> Mitsubishi WS55807 1080i 55 inch TV to work even at the boot manager,
> let alone init 3 or 5. I have a nVidia FX500 using RGB output to the
> Audio Authority 9A60
> <http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=9A60> mentioned
> in the doc that converts to Y, Pr, Pb. Should that work? My TV does not
> have DVI, it has one DTV (used by the sat rec) and two component Y, Pr,
> Pb inputs. Not sure the difference in those two types of input, both
> take Y, Pr, Pb. As soon as the Grub boot menu comes up, it is all
> swiggly and then my TV just goes blue screen after a few seconds. I have
> been working the OS/software install via S-Video, which is very out of
> focus, or VNC if possible. Am I going to have to setup Windows and use
> PowerStrip? Or does that even help if I can't even get a screen at the
> boot manager?

try one of the standard ATSC 1080i modelines at
which should work with the 9A60
you can also try the standard nvidia mode, "1920x1080_30", which will
be "progressive", but in my experience teh 9A60 should handle it
properly and send a 1080i signal to your TV.

As for showing the boot process, I was never able to get the 9A60 to
properly or consistently send this to my old 1080i tv, I'm not sure
its possible.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -