[mythtv-users] **BETA** theme available

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Nov 29 03:03:35 UTC 2006

On Wed, November 29, 2006 2:33 pm, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2006, at 4:36 PM, Jay Merrifield wrote:
>
>> Here's kinda what I was thinking for the Watching Recordings page,
>> keep in mind I put this together very quickly just to give you an
>> idea of what I was thinking about.
>>
>> http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/Lestra/newshot.jpg
>>
>> Jay
>
> ...because the theme isn't using enough RAM as it is, I guess.
> I've got 1.5GB in my box and I started swapping when I loaded this
> theme. Any idea if someone's looking into using big pretty pictures
> but less ram requirements? My frontend is using 211m right now. But
> yeah, it's pretty so I'm still using it.
> :)

This does raise an interesting point around the minimum RAM requirements
for some of the themes, especially wide themes on 720p or 1080i displays.

At the moment I only ship myPVR units with 512Mb Ram, which is fine for
MythCenter (or wide) and 720p. At 1080i the fronend does start to use
quite a lot of Ram.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR