[mythtv-users] System Locking Up; seeing "TFW, Error: Write() -- IOBOUND"

Derek Battams derek at battams.ca
Fri Nov 24 07:43:02 UTC 2006

Running a recent SVN build, and a day and a half ago my system just started
locking up.  The last thing I see in the logs is:

2006-11-22 20:07:43.558 TFW, Error: Write() -- IOBOUND begin cnt(2048)

It seems to be happening only when recording two shows at once or during a
commflag or transcode job.  I checked the archives and I saw some references
to problems with fragmentation of the recording partition, but seemed to be
related to ReiserFS filesystems.  My recording partition is XFS.
Regardless, I ran xfs_fsr on the partition, but it's not helping at all.
Basically, my system locks hard everytime I try to record two things
simultaneously or run commflag or transcode jobs.  However, today I recorded
the football game for 3.5 hours and it ran fine, but then while attempting
to record two shows at the same time tonight, it locked up.

Any suggestions?