[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

Ed Gatzke ed.gatzke.groups at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 19:22:02 UTC 2006

> >       Perhaps some extra debugging output should be enabled
> > to make tracking down this particular problem easier. That way
> > you could tell a user to set the -debug-slow-channel-changes flag
> > when starting mythfrontend and them them set you the logfile.
> >
> This is pretty much what has been proposed time and time again.  No one
> has stepped up to add any code to channel changing to collect metrics or
> otherwise profile the code to find out where all the time is being spent.
Nothing is as bad as my Tivo running IR channel change signals to my digital
cable box.  Takes a couple of seconds to change the tivo, then the tivo
sends the IR signal to the box, and the digital cable box takes a couple of
seconds to change while it buffers, and then the TIVO is lagged a bit and it
takes a couple more seconds to see the final live TV signal.