[mythtv-users] Comcast Digital HD and HDTV-5500

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat Nov 18 20:19:10 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 13:30 -0500, Chris Ribe wrote:

> Basically, what I am saying is that you shouldn't expect to see much
> correlation between the channels you can get over firewire and the
> channels your QAM tuner can receive

This is my experience as well.

> - except that anything that is an
> OTA retransmission should be free and clear.

I'm not sure if you mean free and clear via firewire, or free and clear
via QAM. If the latter, this has NOT been my experience. I know that my
area has a number of HD OTA channels; the network affiliates and a
couple of independents. But it is clear that not all of these channels
are available free and clear. So far, I have only found two HD channels
via QAM. All the rest of them I can only get via the cable box.

--Greg