[mythtv-users] DataDirect data incomplete?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Nov 17 21:47:13 UTC 2006

Tim Scholl <tascholl at gmail.com> says:
> I noticed the same problem with the OTA channel listings.  Now they
> just show one channel number instead of the 18_1, 56_1 entrys.

In other words, Zap2It is now using the ATSC channels/transport
numbers. This is a good thing, even if handled ungracefully, because
it removes (what was for me a maddening cause of) inconsistency
between what mythtv-setup talks about and what Zap2It and AntennaWeb
talked about when I was setting OTA up.

I followed Boleslaw's advice and deleted the OTA lineup at
labs.zap2it.com and recreated it, specifying all the same channels as
before (the "MythWeb channel info" configuration page is great for
this). I then ran

      mythfilldatabase --sourceid 2 --no-delete --refresh-all

(To find the right sourceid to use for a particular video source, look
at the first digit of the recordings made from it.) to rebuild my
MythTV box's program listings.

I did notice that, after doing this, many of the "freqid" values at
the "MythWeb channel info" page for the just-restored OTA channels
were missing, so I put them back in, using the figures from the
lineup-details page at labs.zap2it.com.

I also noticed that the "channum" figures didn't change and so now
mostly differ from the "freqid"s. Although channel numbers are purely
cosmetic, I'd still change them to reflect the new freqids except that
doing so would likely cause the channel numbers on existing recordings
to now appear as something like "2###." MythTV ought to associate
completed recordings with callsigns, not channel numbers, just as it
currently does when scheduling.

Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> | +1 650 776 7763 | San Francisco CA US

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list