[mythtv-users] some questions about uPnP

Yeasah Pell yeasah at schwide.com
Wed Nov 15 16:31:29 UTC 2006

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Ashley Bostock wrote:
>
>> Any free ones available?
>>

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/UPnP

I see that "SnapStream BTV/BeyondTV" is listed as a compatible UPnP
client -- I tried beyondtv not too long ago, and liked the interface. If
it's possible to use it as a windows client to play content from a
mythbackend via upnp, I would very much like to try that.

I think that the separate "beyondtv link" application uses upnp to talk
to the main beyondtv server, but link only seems to want to talk to
beyondtv servers, and in the main beyondtv app the only option I see
related to upnp is the option to enable it as a upnp server for other
client devices.

The wiki makes it sound like somebody has successfully used this
software as a client for mythtv, though (since there is another section
below for clients that have not yet been tested with mythtv.) Does
anybody have any more info?

Thanks,
Yeasah