[mythtv-users] Multiple boxes on different networks

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 22:26:53 UTC 2006

Jawaad wrote:

You described your setup as having a mythbackend server that also happens to
be your router. Does it communicate with other MythTV equipment on the interface, the interface, or both? Is this the
master backend? the only backend?

It does communicate with the other mythfrontends via the  I used to have a setup where it communicated
to frontends in
both the and networks.  The server has three
"legs", one in each network and therefore has three names corresponding to
each "leg".  This is the only backend.  I used to have a master and a slave
setup though but I decided to consolidate everything in one. (One PC to rule
them all! ). It runs 24/7.  It does all server duties: Mysql, Squid, DNS
caching, IP Masquerade, Asterisk VOIP, Hotwayd, NTP, HTTPD, VPN,  Nagios,
SSH, vncserver , MythTV, FFserver, Qmail, Dovecot, Squirrelmail, Cups...
Well, I'm just bragging now. Sorry.