[mythtv-users] CableCard???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Nov 14 17:32:58 UTC 2006

On Nov 14, 2006, at 10:24 AM, Stephen Sassman wrote:

> Now I'm confused. I thought that if I bought a pcHDTV card and
> subscribed to my cable companies HD service that I could get all of
> the HD channels including the encrypted ones in true HD. If this
> isn't the case, then why would I want to buy the pcHDTV card since
> I should be able to get the unencrypted channels through firewire
> right?

The pcHDTV card will not decrypt anything. If it would a lot of
lawyers would be buying new cars.

The card will receive the unencrypted QAM channels, a help for those
of us who can't use firewire for one reason or another.

The card will receive ATSC from the air, as well as NTSC as a normal
bttv card.