[mythtv-users] MythArchive/dvdauthor fails; Cannot Find Chapter 2 (Result: 1)

Torsten Crass torsten.crass at bioinf.med.uni-goettingen.de
Mon Nov 13 15:15:25 UTC 2006

OK,

two weeks ago I wrote

>  Hi there,
>
> following Dirk's suggestion, I "downgraded" ffmpeg and mplex from sid to
> stable -- still no success with some of my recordings. Having a closer
> look at mythburn.log, I realized that mplex seems to die due to a funny
> reason:
>
> --------8<--------
> STAT: Processing /var/mythtv/media/dvd/iso/work/1/final.mpg...
> ++ WARN: [mplex] No seq. header starting new sequence after seq. end!
> **ERROR: [mplex] Need to split output but there appears to be no %d in the
> filename pattern /var/mythtv/media/dvd/iso/work/1/final.mpg
> --------8<--------
>
> Any ideas how to resolve this issue...?
>
> Cheers --

Meanwhile I figured out the calling mplex with the '-M' option would
prevent mplex from trying to split any files generated by it. So I
changed mythburn.py accordingly, which indeed lead to successful
creation of a dvd iso image from some recordings which used to cause
dvdauthor to crash with the error message shown above. In the vast
majority of cases, however, mplex now segfaults rather than exiting with
an error message.

Even if this happens to be a problem specific to German DVB-T
recordings, there surely must be someone else out there suffering from
the same trouble...?

Per(m)plexed --

	Torsten

"If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others
of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called
an idea [...] That ideas should freely spread from one to another
over the globe, for the moral and mutual instruction of man, and
improvement of his condition, seems to have been peculiarly and
benevolently designed by nature [...]" -- Thomas Jefferson