[mythtv-users] Gentoo / MythTV question

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 14:24:13 UTC 2006

On 11/12/06, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all -
>
> 'm doing an upgrade to a new MythBox, and I figured I'd try Gentoo on
> the machine.  Unfortunately, everytime I go to emerge MythTV, it wants
> to fetch the 0.19 version.  Does anyone have any pointers as to how to
> get the 0.20 version?

This is all about masking as the 0.20 version in gentoo is considered
"unstable" or for a better word untested.

To fix this add the following to your /etc/portage/package.keywords file (if
it does not exist create one):

media-plugins/mythbrowser ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythbrowser-svn ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythcontrols-svn ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythdvd ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythdvd-svn ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythgallery ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythgallery-svn ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythgame ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythgame-svn ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythmusic ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythmusic-svn ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythnews ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythnews-svn ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythtv-themes ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythvideo ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythvideo-svn ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythweather ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythweather-svn ~x86 ~amd64
media-plugins/mythweb ~x86 ~amd64
media-tv/mythtv ~x86 ~amd64

Also here is a link that explains how to deal with masked packages:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/Masked

John