[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Edge - IVTV Firmware Unresponsive

Michael Wisniewski wiz561 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 13:35:51 UTC 2006

On 11/4/06, Mario Limonciello <mario.mailing at gmail.com> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Does this appear to cause any difficulties with using the device?
>
> You can try a newer firmware version -
> http://dl.ivtvdriver.org/ivtv/firmware/firmware.tar.gz
>
> Will include the latest stable version that should be used.
>
> Extract the contents to /lib/firmware to overwrite any firmware already
> there.  Restart the machine, and the newer firmware should be loaded as
> the modules load.
>
> If this makes any differences, please note this and I will update the
> wiki to use the newer firmware.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mario

It's very strange.  It usually happens if I exit live TV and then go back
into it, but it doesn't happen all the time. When it does happen, the screen
is just black and dmesg continually displays that error.  I found, the only
way to get out of it is to reboot.  Before I blew dapper away, I made a
backup of it.  I did a diff against the files I used in your wiki and the
files that I as using before.  All of them were the same except
v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw.  Here are the details of that file that I'm currently
using...

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 376836 2006-11-03 22:43 /lib/firmware/v4l-
cx2341x-enc.fw

5f5fa240ada73c3565f5f7de4c7b5138  /lib/firmware/v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw

So far, things have been well.  I don't want to jinx it, but if it happens
again, I'll let you know!

Thanks,
Mike