[mythtv-users] HDHomerun capture device

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Nov 3 20:08:58 UTC 2006

On Nov 3, 2006, at 12:02 PM, Brian Wood wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2006, at 12:54 PM, Chris Tepe wrote:
>> Thanks to everyone for their input.
>> Is Myth able to change the channels over the network or will I
>> need an
>> IR blaster device.
>> Also what is the best antenna for OTA broadcasts?
> The last is about like asking "What is the best car for going to
> work?", or "What is the best house to live in?".
> It really depends on where you live relative to the station
> transmitters, what if any interfering signals you might have, what
> arrangements you have for mounting antennas, what if any restrictions
> your neighborhood/town/county might have on antennas and many other
> factors.
> You best bet is to try and find a reputable TV dealer in your area
> and ask what others are using and what results they are having.

I bought an antenna from Radio Shack. I can't put one on the roof, so
this was my best choice. It actually works well for stations here in
San Francisco. Unfortunately, channel 11.1 (NBC) broadcasts from San
Jose and I get intermittent signal from it - not nearly enough to be
reliable. I guess the best antenna depends on how many stations you
have in your area and how far away they are from you. http://
www.checkhd.com was instrumental in helping me figure out how to
position my antenna and predict which stations I should be able to get.