No subject

Tue May 30 07:28:35 UTC 2006

as are used by the video4linux subsystem. This means that MythTV users
haveto setup their inputs again. In particular 'Tuner 0' is now 'Tuner 1'."

And I have tried reinstalling my mythbackend without any luck. And I get the
same problem again because yum install the ivtv 0.6.2 version because this
is the stable version on Axel Thimm rpm site
http://atrpms.net/dist/fc5/ivtv/

My suggestion for people who have this problem is to downgrade to ivtv 0.6.1.
This fixed all my problems with LiveTV channel change freeze. I am a newbee
with Linux so I don't know if you can downgrade ivtv package with yum or
smart to ivtv 0.6.1, but I compile the ivtv driver on my own. Follow the
ivtv howto http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Howto this was not so difficult.
You must have kernel-devel package for your kernel installed before you do
this (uname -a) (yum install kernel-devel-$KVER). I suggest you first remove
ivtv 0.6.2 with "yum remove ivtv" . After you have compiled and installed
the ivtv driver you must unload the ivtv module with "/sbin/rmmod ivtv", do
a dependency check with "/sbin/depmod -a" and load the ivtv modules again
with "/sbin/modprobe ivtv".  After that you must check dmesg with "dmesg |
grep ivtv". After my ivtv 0.6.1 compile installation the ivtv dmesg informs
me about it can not find v4l-cx2341x-init.mpg. This file should by in the
firmware hotplug directory so I copied this file from the ivtv-0.6.1 source
directory to /lib/firmware (Fedora hotplug directory).

I going to post this mail to ivtv-users at ivtvdriver.org and to
.
I hope this ivtv issue could be resolved because it has been a pain to find
a solution for my Live TV channel channel problems

Hope this helps for someone...
Harald

------=_Part_221_18657538.1149853609932

0.19.1 (bugfix release) without luck. </div>
http://atrpms.net/dist/fc5/ivtv/</a></div>
0.6.1, but I compile the ivtv driver on my own. Follow the ivtv howto&nbsp;<a href="http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Howto">http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Howto</a>&nbsp;this was not&nbsp;so difficult. You must have kernel-devel package for your kernel installed before you do this (uname -a) (yum install kernel-devel-$KVER). I suggest you first remove ivtv
0.6.2 with &quot;yum remove ivtv&quot; . After you have compiled and installed the ivtv driver you must unload the ivtv module with &quot;/sbin/rmmod ivtv&quot;, do a dependency check with &quot;/sbin/depmod -a&quot; and&nbsp;load the ivtv modules again with &quot;/sbin/modprobe ivtv&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;After that you must check dmesg with &quot;dmesg | grep ivtv&quot;. After my ivtv
0.6.1 compile&nbsp;installation&nbsp;the ivtv dmesg informs me about it can not find v4l-cx2341x-init.mpg. This file should by in the firmware hotplug directory so I copied this file from the ivtv-0.6.1 source directory to /lib/firmware (Fedora hotplug directory).

------=_Part_221_18657538.1149853609932--