[mythtv-users] Myth suddenly deleteing all recordings

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed May 31 23:10:23 UTC 2006

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:16:25PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/31/2006 03:26 PM, stan wrote:
> > And, on the other issue, waht information does the scheduler use to fill in
> > the record table? I don't see any other tables that look appropriate, other
> > than the schedule data, of course. But I don't see what table my requests
> > are stored in.
>
> AIUI, record contains your recording rules.  recorded contains info on
> what you've recorded that's still available (recordings you could
> watch).  oldrecorded contains info on what you've previously recorded
> that's no longer available (deleted) as well as matches that existed
> within the last 7 days that weren't recorded (and why they weren't
> recorded--such as previously showing or later showing or ...).
> recordmatch contains info on the program listings that match your
> recording rules (in the record table).
>
> That being said, be very careful about messing with those tables...
> There's a lot more to it than just making records in database tables.

OK, I understand.

Is there a palce in the user interface that I can go to examoine all
rules that might triger a recordnig?

Here is todays saga. I recorded one show as a test case yesterday
evening. It was still there when I looked at the machine this morning.
This afternoon it is gone!, and worse than that there are 2 recordings
that I have never scheduled. Yes they ar _back_ in the record table.
Here's the record for these:

|      730 |    4 |   1026 | 15:30:00  | 2006-05-31 | 16:00:00 | 2006-05-31 | SpongeBob
SquarePants
| Bubblestand; Ripped Pants | SpongeBob blows bubbles; SpongeBob accidentally tears his pants.
| Children | Default |           9 |          1 |           0 |         0 |           0 |
 0 | Default  |         6 |    15 | NIK     | SH307766 | EP3077660001 |      0 |             0

 1 |            0 |            0 |            0 |            0 |       4 | 15:30:00 | 732827 |
  0 |        0 |          0 |         1 | Default   |
  +

I have gone into the recorded shows, and set this to "Do Not Record This
Program" multiple times now. I als deleted it drictly from the record table.
In addition I've entered a ruke to get "Jeoporday" at least 5 times since
this mess satrted, and have never gotten a single episode recorded!. The rule
for this is always chanel limited, as re-runs play on a different chanel.

The last entry for this program in the "Previously Recorded" screen is
for a show on 5/9.

It appears to me that something is overwriting the rules I have set up.

I also set up another test program to record last night. This one does
apear in the "Previously Recorded" screen. When I press [I] to
get more details it shows as "Never Record This Program".

The "Boston Leagel" episode that I did mamange to record last night,
als shows as ?Never Record This Program".

Here's the record record for it:

|      728 |    4 |   1008 | 22:00:00  | 2006-05-30 | 23:00:00 | 2006-05-30 | Boston Legal |
Live Big | While trying to woo her back, Shirley Schmidt's ex-husband, Ivan Tiggs (Tom
Selleck), wants her
to be in his upcoming wedding with an annoyingly perky woman. | Drama    | Default |
0 |
        1 |           0 |         0 |           0 |         0 | Default  |         6 |    15 |
		WCIV
		   | SH672369 | EP6723690036 |      0 |             0 |            1 |            0 |
				   0 |            0 |            0 |       3 | 22:00:00 | 732826 |        0 |
					   0 |          0 |
						   1 | Default   |

This is driving me nuts, it just makes no sense for a peice of software
to sudenly start misbeahaving ike this!

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967