[mythtv-users] Preview pane in wrong place

Gordon Ross gtg at gordonross.me.uk
Wed May 31 22:00:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> An even better solution.  I saw it was a laptop, so I knew you may not
> have many choices as far as drivers go, but it sounds like there's still
> hope.  Best of luck getting it working.

First the good news:

1) ATI Driver installed without a hitch. I just followed the instructions
and it worked ! General X Window display looks much better IMHO. Based on
this, if/when I build my "real" Myth frontend, it'll have a ATI card.

2) Myth CPU useage has dropped a bit. Ok, a lot. From 75% down to 15%.

3) The guide is actually useable - the fonts & layout just about work.

Now the bad news:

Umm, we have a small problem with colour. I've never seen a fire with blue
flames, and the actors look like they belong in the blue man group...

Mythfronend says "VideoOutputXv Error: Couldn't get the color
key color..."

GTG