[mythtv-users] Preview pane in wrong place

Gordon Ross gtg at gordonross.me.uk
Wed May 31 21:37:20 UTC 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> Broken video card drivers.  Nothing Myth can do...
>>>
>> 'Fairy snuff :-(
>
> I was touched by your sad eyes,

Ah, those acting lessons are obviously starting to pay off ;-)

> so I just wanted to follow up to say it
> doesn't mean you can't use MythTV.  It just means you can't really use
> the "preview".  For the Watch Recordings page, turn off:

I've been doing a bit of digging, and it appears that my machine is using
a generic VESA driver. I'm gonna try and install a "proper" ATI driver for
my laptop so I can (hopefully) get XVideo support. I'm hoping it might
also drop the CPU useage down a bit as well (Currently running at 75% CPU
Util on a dual-core 1.8GHz CPU - and that's just the front end)

GTG