[mythtv-users] mythmusic crash

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Wed May 31 18:00:29 UTC 2006

On 5/31/06, Daris Drake <darisd at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >When you say "The packages are installed", you do mean the development
> >packages as well, right?
>
> Well... I worked around libmad, libid3tag, libcdaudio YUM issues by doing
> source install and now the mythplugins configure script recognizes them
> fine. It was wierd, YUM said they were installed and did not need updates,
> but obviously they had issues.
>
> But FLAC is still not recognized even though YUM reports it being
> installed... is there a FLAC development package? I downloaded a install
> file from the FLAC website but it is not the traditional "make" style, it
> is
> just a bunch of files to copy hither and thither. I am still trying things
> here... So if you have any info on what FLAC is necessary, or if you know
> the proper YUM development package...
>
> Thanks for the reply BTW :)

I'm a Mandriva person, but YUM and URPMI isn't all that different.  For
URPMI, I'd need a seperate devel package for most things to compile against,
such as libflac6-devel-1.1.1-1mdk for libflac6-1.1.1-1mdk.  I don't know how
the yum command line works, but maybe you can make an intelligent guess on
what the development package would be based on installing other things. The
docs (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Upgrading_To_SVN#How_to_upgrade_to_SVN_from_ATrpms)
recommend the following command line:

yum install lirc-lib-devel lame-devel qt qt-devel qt-MySQL libmad
libmad-devel libid3tag  libid3tag-devel flac libcdaudio
libcdaudio-devel cdparanoia-libs cdparanoia-devel  libvorb

May get you some extra crap, but worth a shot, no?