[mythtv-users] How to access composite video input with DViCO Fusion HDTV

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 15:14:38 UTC 2006

--- Jeremy Malcolm <Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au> wrote:

> I used to use an analogue TV tuner card but recently
> upgraded to a DViCO
> Fusion HDTV (which uses the cx88 module).  I have
> got this working fine
> with MythTV under kernel 2.6.17.
>
> Now though I'm not sure how to switch from the TV
> input to the composite
> video input which I've connected using the cable
> supplied with the card.
>   I want to be able to access my VCR, which I could
> do fine with my old
> card.
>
> Now when I press C, MythTV tries to do something for
> a second but
> nothing happens and I end up back watching TV again.
>
> Does anyone have experience with accessing external
> video inputs with
> this card and MythTV?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
> Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant,
> actor
> host -t NAPTR 1.0.8.0.3.1.2.9.8.1.6.e164.org|awk -F!
> '{print $3}'

I have the Lite version of the card (which has the
connector, but came with no cable), so I'm only making
a semi-educated guess here.

I believe that in order to use an input with MythTV,
you have to have it configured as an input source
(done in the mythtv-setup program), which in turn has
some sort of listings associated with it (although you
can hack a "no-listings" setting), even if that
listing ends up reading as "NO DATA" in the EPG.

That would be my best guess why your keypress is being
ignored.

-- Joe