[mythtv-users] Myth suddenly deleteing all recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 31 15:09:56 UTC 2006

On 05/31/2006 06:56 AM, stan wrote:
> On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 01:26:55AM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Does that generate it's own logs
>> It generates output.  If you log the output (using a redirect or by
>> specifying the "mythfilldatabase Log Path" in mythfrontend settings
>> (under "General")), it generates logs.  And, it is those logs (which you
>> may or may not be currently generating) that I need.
> Well, I'm still a bit confused as to what you wnat. But I've atached
> a log of a /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase run from the command line with
> no options, does that help?

That was it (assuming you haven't specified any options in the
"mythfilldatabase Arguments" setting in mythfrontend settings), and
everything looks good.  So, now, can you go (through mythfrontend) into
the "Previously Recorded" page and find the shows that were supposed to
be recorded (you should be able to sort it differently by hitting a key
like 1 or 2 or ... whatever it says at the top of the page).  When you
scroll over the episode it should say why it didn't record.  If the
episodes are not listed in that page, that's important, too.

Oh, and please make sure to check this relatively quickly--the data I
need is removed after 7 days.

Mike