[mythtv-users] MythDevice?

Anil Gupte anil-list at icinema.com
Wed May 31 12:20:54 UTC 2006

"As I said, you have described a TiVo perfectly "  Yes, but I cannot tinker with
it or modify it etc.

If TiVo can sell a box for $400 lifetime cost, then surely they must be making
it for about $250.  In other words, it is possible to make this hardware at that
price (in volume).  Perhaps I will make such a box and try selling it to all the
mythtv, freevo etc users out there. :-)  Or if someone is already planning this
let me know, I will buy a few.  I could make money selling it to a couple of
hundred people and adding some custom apps.

Anil Gupte